Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)

From: Karoly Lorentey
Subject: Re: Multi-tty design (Re: Reordering etc/NEWS)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 17:53:00 +0200

Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>   > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > > David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

This is not productive.  Can we please stop bickering and do some useful
work instead?

David has spotted a real bug.  According to current design, the third
parameter to getenv should specify a terminal (i.e., it should be a
numerical terminal id or a sample frame on that terminal).  Both the doc
string _and_ the implementation is wrong, but the callers are right.  I
probably committed an out-of-sync env.el somehow.

I'll fix the bug myself, and look at the Arch history to see if I can
find a reason why it happened.  This is an unusual bug.