Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Failure to build on OpenBSD macppc
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 09:55:52 +0200 (CEST)

Ok, I have narrowed down the problem to being a problem in GCC, not in
Emacs.  Emacs compiled with "-g -O2" (the default) does not work,
while -O1 does.  This also explains why -ggdb3 worked, I never passed
a optimisation switch, so Emacs was compiled without optimisations.

Exactly which optimisation switch causes this, I don't know, nor do I
have much time to follow up on this anymore, but if it you think it is
important I can try and look at it some more.  I suspect it has
something to do with how callers are saved or something.

Mentioning the problem in etc/PROBLEMS would be enough I think.  Ryan
will also try and get a machine running a newer version of OpenBSD to
see if the problem persists there.