Re: Icon displayed wrong

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Icon displayed wrong
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:39:31 -0400

Richard Stallman wrote:

> What happened with the problem cloose reported, of the icon that is
> displayed wrong?  If I recall right, Yidong installed a fix, but took
> it out because it caused problems.  I don't recall seeing that it was
> fixed.

You are mixing up two issues.

The issue for which a fix was installed, then reverted, was the
"crash: x_error_quitter" issue, emacs-devel, 2007/05/10, started by
sds. This issue was never in FOR-RELEASE. I have not followed the
thread, but it seems to still be active.

The icon issue (which is the one that was in FOR-RELEASE) was totally
separate. See the thread "A redisplay bug in 22.0.99?" in emacs-devel,
started 2007/05/11 by Juanma.

> I think some say that the icon is in the wrong format for its file
> name. Can someone convert it to the right format? Would that fix
> this problem, for now?

The icon is fine, and this issue is fixed on the trunk and branch.