Re: address@hidden: Emacs pretest 22.0.990]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Emacs pretest 22.0.990]
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 20:26:48 +0300

> From: "John McCabe" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 16:50:06 +0100
>
> > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.990.tar.gz
> > ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.99-22.0.990.xdelta
>
> No problems building here with:
>
> $ mingw32-make --version
> GNU Make 3.80

Thanks.  Please also tell which compiler was used.

> However this is the first pretest I've tried building, and the toolbar
> buttons look rubbish (no colour). Have I done something wrong?

You need to install the image libraries.  See nt/INSTALL, under
"Optional image library support", for the gory details.  After
installing the libraries, if everything is okay, you should see that
configure.bat says something like this:

 ...PNG header available, building with PNG support.
 ...JPEG header available, building with JPEG support.
 ...GIF header available, building with GIF support.
 ...TIFF header available, building with TIFF support.
 ...XPM header available, building with XPM support.