Re: Renaming NEWS

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Renaming NEWS
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 06:31:31 +0900

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:
> I think that if new entries are going to be added, the existing NEWS
> on the trunk should (as Kim suggested a while ago) be renamed to
> NEWS.22, and a new NEWS file created.
>
> I have hesitated to do this because it will complicate Miles' syncing
> of the release branch to the trunk. Such incompatibilities are probably
> inevitable sooner or later though.

It won't complicate things if the file is truly renamed, i.e., the
existing arch-targ: in NEWS is kept in NEWS.22 (and omitted from the
_new_ NEWS file).  [BTW, if you create a new file, don't add an empty
arch-tag: line or anything, just leave it out, and one will get added
during syncing.]

-miles
--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo