Re: Carbon Emacs won't start when installed in certain paths

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Carbon Emacs won't start when installed in certain paths
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 16:11:16 -0400

YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> writes:

>> There is still the bug that the Carbon port won't start up when
>> installed in a directory that contains non 7-bit ASCII characters,
>> such as "Développement".
>
>> For the release, I would suggest to at least document this in
>> PROBLEMS (see below).
>
> I think the description is imprecise.

I've checked in the following into PROBLEMS:

*** Installing to a directory with non-ASCII characters in the name fails.

Installation may fail, or the Emacs executable may not start
correctly, if a directory name containing non-ASCII characters is used
as a `configure' argument (e.g. `--prefix').  The problem can also
occur if a non-ASCII directory is specified in the EMACSLOADPATH
envvar.