Re: Image-mode enhancements (post-release)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Image-mode enhancements (post-release)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:57:12 +0200

>     Since there are a number of modes apart from image-mode that can embed
>     images, some technique that did not require special commands would be
>     preferable.
>
> Do you mean, some low-level scrolling mechanism that could be used?
> It seems a bit hard to design one.

Actually, we are not half bad at the moment.  The idea is that when
moving the cursor to the calculated position would require
recentering, then instead vscroll/hscroll are used.

This works best (though not yet optimal) when going forward
vertically.  The equivalent functionality horizontally is not there
yet, and backward movements are somewhat less optimal.

--
David Kastrup