Re: CVS is the `released version'

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS is the `released version'
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 17:22:17 -0400

    Would it be acceptable to have two repositories "main" and "non-fsf",
    both hosted on gnu.org, and only have the former enabled by default?

I don't think this would solve all the problems I'm concerned about.
If some people are going to use a repository of packages
that we can't install in Emacs, I don't see why it helps to
have that repository on an FSF machine.

    That way Free software packages that are NOT assigned to the FSF (such
    as paredit, which is declares itself to be in the Public Domain),

If a program has been explicitly placed in the public domain, we could
install it.  That is an acceptable alternative to assigning the
copyright.