Re: Post-22.1 development?

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Post-22.1 development?
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 17:45:52 +0200

address@hidden (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> The change was unnecessarily drastic.
>
>      However, there is no problem with using the `cl' package at
>      compile time, with `(eval-when-compile (require 'cl))'.  That's
>      sufficient for using the macros in the `cl' package, because the
>      compiler expands them before generating the byte-code.
>
>      -- (info "(elisp)Coding Conventions")

But this would mean that one cannot use such a package if it is NOT
byte compiled. Maybe not the recommended behaviour, but personally I
don't compile Tramp because I perform tests with different (X)Emacs
flavors.

And I don't know whether it is preferrable to urge users for
compilation. They might use the same package on a mounted directory,
on different hosts, which is the case for me @ work.

Best regards, Michael.