Re: Post-22.1 development?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Post-22.1 development?
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:00:09 -0400

    Well, the setenv/process-environment thing I wanted to have a look at:
    in the current state, it will require quite a few changes in existing
    packages (including packages not distributed as part of Emacs), and I
    think that the approach which I sketched out would pretty much
    eliminate that problem.

    That's what I would consider sort of speaking against a merge right
    now: it might cause unnecessary work (later likely to be reverted) at
    other locations.

That is a good reason for delaying this.

Could you state a precise proposal for how to handle the environment?
I looked at the old mail; one message seems to have mentioned various
options, and subsequent messages referred to "[your] proposal",
so I am not sure precisely what the proposal is.