Re: frame-title-format default

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: frame-title-format default
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:07:31 +0200

Jason Rumney skrev:
Modern desktop environments seem to have standardized on a format for
frame titles. Perhaps we could change the default for Emacs to fit in
with this.

("%b - " invocation-name) would be the closest match for the standard
format, though it might be useful to leave the system-name in as well.

How widespread is that format? I see OpenOffice and things like Firefox/Thunderbird uses it and some Gnome programs. How about KDE, W32 and OSX?

That said, it has always annoyed me that if Emacs only has one frame open, the title differs from the case where you have several frames open, so I'm for the change.

        Jan D.