Re: ~/.emacs vs ~/.emacs.d/init.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ~/.emacs vs ~/.emacs.d/init.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 19:57:16 +0200

On 6/13/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

The task is to map ~USER to

  C:/Documents and Settings/USER/Application Data

For this, we need to extend w32.c:getpwnam to support not just the
current user, but also the other users on the local machine (ask me
about the relevant Windows APIs if you need help finding them), and
then it should Just Work (the actuall expansion happens in
expand-file-name and other similar primitives defined on fileio.c).

OK, I'll put this issue in my ToDo list.

I don't have anything intelligent to say on that, I'm confused myself.

Glad to know I'm in good company, then ;-)

            Juanma