Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:13:40 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

>> Would Ken'ichi complain if we merged unicode-2 into the trunk
>> tomorrow?  I doubt it.
>
> He asked not to, so doing so over his objections would be unkind.

Frankly, I don't see the point in not merging either.  I don't see
that the trunk accomplishes _any_ function in connection to Emacs
development that would not equally well be accomplished if unicode-2
was merged.  We don't need a "stable" trunk: we have EMACS_BASE_22 for
that purpose.

Our goal, in my opinion, should never become to have the trunk be the
main distribution channel of Emacs (as it has been for some years).

> This just means that you agree with Ken'ichi, but not with Richard.
> But compromises are not based on agreements, they are based on
> meeting your opponents half-way.

So why are you concerned about my disagreement if agreement is not
important to you?