Re: Saving markup formats

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 01:02:16 +0200

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Nic James Ferrier wrote:
For example, I don't care if Emacs renders an OO document as something
like an nxml document as long as I have ways of quickly adding a list
item, making a new paragraph, inserting a formula into a table, etc...
Using the completion hook in nxml-mode such things can rather easily be done today. (See nxhtml-mode for an example of some little things of this kind.)

Only when the specification of the action is available in the schema.

Eh, yes. The result should fit into the schema, of course.

But nothing prevents you from doing more complex things. Insert first result, check completion again etc.

nxml-mode doesn't have DOM manipulation tools, does it?

We might be miscommunicating, but here is a attempt to answer:

- See above first.
- You have primitives for moving to parent, next/previous (paired) element, first child.