Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Adding ispell-multi.el and friends to Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:02:00 +0200

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 11:53:14PM +0100, Peter Heslin wrote:
> martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:
> > AFAICT flyspell-mode has the following bug: When I check two buffers
> > with different languages and switch buffers, words that have been
> > "accepted for the session" are lost.  Does ispell-multi handle this?
> I wasn't aware of the problem and I haven't looked into it closely, but
> a quick test seems to indicate that loading ispell-multi.el makes this
> bug go away.  This would make sense, since ispell-multi tries to stop
> the killing and restarting of ispell processes that would cause the
> words accepted for the session to be lost.  A corollary is that with
> ispell-multi, words accepted for the session are also accepted for the
> session in other buffers in the same language.  I would tend to regard
> that as a feature rather than a bug.

Current ispell.el behavior wrt localwords when switching buffers with the
same language is to restart ispell if localwords are present, to avoid the
problem of conflicting localwords. If ispell-multi.el starts a new ispell
process in this case, keeping two processes for the same language, it might
also be made aware that words are accepted for that buffer session.