Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?

From: David House
Subject: Re: how about a find-library-other-window command?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:08:09 +0100

Drew Adams writes:
 > How about a `find-library-other-window' command?

I've wondered in the past whether it would be feasible to have C-x 4 be bound to
a command which reads a key sequence then executes it in another window, so that
we needn't define new commands for every command we want to execute in the other
window.

We could still define key aliases so that C-x 4 f would be
find-file-other-window instead of the more cumbersome C-x 4 C-x C-f. This means
we can't use 'f' in the other window, but how useful would self-insert-command
be anyway?

--
-David House, address@hidden