Re: Saving markup formats

From: Nic James Ferrier
Subject: Re: Saving markup formats
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:19:56 +0100

"Mathias Dahl" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Let me tell you about how I make my CV right now:
>>
>> - I edit the CV in org mode
>> - I transform org mode to XOXO/XHTML using elisp
>> - I run an XSLT transform to turn the XOXO into XHTML
>> - I run an XSLT transform to turn the XHTML into an OpenDoc
>>  content.xml file
>> - I zip the new content.xml file up with a standard template for the
>>  other files that come with an OpenDoc file
>
> I do something similar to get stuff into Word, but I just open the
> HTML exported by org-mode in Word (with a small elisp hack added to
> org-mode), and voila! Maybe OpenOffice can do that as well? But maybe
> you didn't want to need to use an external program (OpenOffice in this
> case) to create the OpenDoc file?

That's right.

The process above works really well because a CV is a very structured
document. But it wouldn't work generally.

Another point is that if you open an HTML file in Word of OpenOffice
they seem to get stuck treating it as an HTML file. That's no good. I
want real OpenDoc files.

And anyway... that doesn't help me edit an OpenDoc file that someone
else sent me or stored in a repository somewhere.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk