Re: Abbrev should preserve case

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Abbrev should preserve case
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:53:19 -0400

    I'm not sure I understand the question: of course we know how to avoid the
    problem.  And we know that it's really harmful if you happen to have
    variable names such as Case or CASE or cAse.

Now I see the point.  Yes, making that abbrev case-sensitive would be
a useful thing to do.

    I do not want to change the default case-insensitivity of abbrevs, but
    I think it'd be worthwhile to be able to specify some case-sensitive abbrevs
    as well.

That is fine with me.