Re: Experimental features

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Experimental features
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 08:21:59 +0530

Hi,

On 6/23/07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
We'd then provide a way for the user to activate some of the experimental
features from her .emacs file.  After some time, we would promote the new

This will be a good welcome move. Features get more testing (by
explicitly enabling it in the experimental stage). If an experimental
package is dependent on another experimental package, a mechanism
needs to be evolved on either enabling the other package implicitly
(dangerous) or notify to the user in a very obvious manner (by
offering to bring up the customization page to enable it by the user).

Anyway, this is a move forward. So far, I have been downloading all
scattered packages and using them. I would prefer them to be
distributed as part of Emacs and ability to enable or disable them
optionally.

with best regards,
dhruva

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!