Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: propose adding Icicles to Emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:57:38 -0400

    > Submit as an argument.  Just as C-RET submits the current minibuffer
    > contents as an argument (then reads another), this proposed command
    > would submit EACH of the current contents, one by one.

    To be clear:

    C-RET applies the action function to the current candidate as an argument,
    but it does not read another.

That implementation detail (which as you know I plan to do
differently) doesn't affect this point, which is about a feature.

    C-! already applies the action function to EACH of the candidates that
    currently match the minibuffer contents, one by one.

It sounds like that is the same feature.  That is good.

    In the case of `customize-face', that opens a separate Customize buffer for
    each chosen face.

I think `customize-face' as a multi-command should put all the faces
in one Custom buffer.  (Likewise the other `customize-...' commands.)