Re: `*' interactive spec in some text-killing functions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: `*' interactive spec in some text-killing functions
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:16:34 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 6/28/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> A warning is only useful if there are _consequences_ for not heeding
>> the warning.  But there _aren't_ in this case.
>
> I'm not sure what are the consequences of doing PgUp ten times in a
> row, other than wasted time and finger wear.

You still choose to ignore the difference between a warning and an
error.  PgUp throws an _error_ 'beginning-of-buffer since it can't
_complete_ the requested command.  This will beep and abort keyboard
macros.  It will cause an action you can only catch with
condition-case.  It is an _error_ for Emacs not to be able to do a
requested command.

But Emacs _can_ execute (overwrite-mode 'toggle) a billion times in a
row.

--
David Kastrup