Re: generic buffer parsing cache data

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: generic buffer parsing cache data
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 12:32:21 -0400

    !        doc: /* Parse syntax starting at FROM until TO; return status of
parse at TO.
    ! Exact rules are determined by buffer's major mode.

If this refers to the fact that the syntax table depends
on the major mode, that is so basic that I think it doesn't
need to be repeated here.  However, if we did want to remind
people of it here, we should say that parsing depends on the syntax table.