Re: What happens when I evaluate the call the second time?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: What happens when I evaluate the call the second time?
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 18:07:44 +0200

Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas Schwab wrote:
"Mathias Dahl" <address@hidden> writes:

First C-x C-e after the function, then twice after calling it. The
output is:
average
2
2 (#o2, #x2, ?\C-b)

Now what's the (#o2, #x2, ?\C-b) stuff?
Different ways to express 2 I think. What I find strange however, is
that it is only displayed at the second invocation of C-x C-e.
It's a feature, see eval-expression-print-format.
I think the thing Erik is asking about is why the output is different in
the second evaluation.

That's the feature.  You get the verbose output with the second try.

Thanks, I see. But eval-expression-print-format does not tell about this AFAICS, or?