how to align the comments to start from the same column?

From: William Xue
Subject: how to align the comments to start from the same column?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:44:58 +0800

Hi,
when I am coding in cpp files, I will use M-; to make some comments, like following:

IoCreateFileSpecifyDeviceObjectHint(&h_rd_file, // file handle GENERIC_READ | GENERIC_WRITE, // desire access &rd_file_obj_attr, // object attributes &rd_io_status_block, // io status block 0, // allocation size FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, // file attributes FILE_SHARE_READ, // share access

Is there a way to format the comments to the same column?

I want something like:

1. select the codes as a region
2. press a magic keybinding
3. the comments align to the longest column of comments in the region.

:)

--
Sincerely yours,
William