Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Syncing Gnus and Emacs repositories
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 11:25:41 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
>> That can happen later.  For now let's just do the simple and
>> straight-forward thing.
> Indeed, we're talking about switching the Emacs trunk's version og Gnus to
> the Gnus trunk, not about changing the Gnus trunk.

Yes, but I really want the code in both to be as similar as possible.  I
could just toss out the new pgg*.el stuff when merging, but then Gnus
may stop working with pgg in Emacs.  Given that pgg in the Gnus trunk is
pretty much a lame duck anyway, it seems a lot saner to just get things
into a good and mergeable state in the Gnus trunk and then merge it into
Emacs with minimal changes.

Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen