Re: suggestion for C-s (isearch-.*) key-bindings

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: suggestion for C-s (isearch-.*) key-bindings
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 21:49:29 -0400

    1.)
    | Key        | marking | killing | moving | type                  |
    | C-M-y      | -       | C-d     | C-f    | char                  |
    | C-w        | M-@     | M-d     | M-f    | word                  |
    | C-y        | -       | C-k     | C-e    | line                  |
    | suggestion | C-M-@   | C-M-d   | C-M-f  | sexp (sorely missing) |

This is terse, so I am not really sure you are proposing.

If you are suggesting that we give special search meanings
to C-d and C-f and M-d and M-f, we certainly won't do that.
Their current meanings, to exit a search, are too useful.