Re: fix infinite loop in python.el

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: fix infinite loop in python.el
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:45:38 +0300

Richard Stallman wrote:
> Does the bug exist in Emacs 22, or only in the trunk?

Don't know.  As far as I can tell, it was also present in 22, but just
never manifested itself.  It became uncovered due to this change, but
probably was not added by the change:

2007-07-12  Paul Pogonyshev  <address@hidden>

        * progmodes/which-func.el (which-func-modes): Add `python-mode'.

        * progmodes/python.el (python-which-func-length-limit): New var.
        (python-which-func): New function.
        (python-current-defun): Add optional `length-limit' and try to fit
        computed function name to that length.
        (python-mode): Hook `python-which-func' up.

It did alter the function in question, but as far as I can see,
infinite loop was possible before too.

Paul