Re: remove dabbrev--scanning-message?

From: Sean O'Rourke
Subject: Re: remove dabbrev--scanning-message?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 06:40:47 -0700

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () "Sean O'Rourke" <address@hidden>
> () Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:16:36 -0700
>
>    so I don't see any benefit to having progress
>    messages.  Patch attached.
>
> right, so what you want to do is to submit a patch
> that preserves this for those that see the benefit
> while not making you wait, annoyed.
>
> how about replacing the message calls w/ a progress reporter?

I can do this, but progress reporting only makes sense when
there's a noticeable delay.  I'm genuinely curious: For those
people on the list with older hardware and/or many open buffers,
with the progress messages removed, does a failed dabbrev-expand
take more than an instant?  It didn't for me, with 80 or so
buffers and average hardware.

/s