Re: mode-line with Tramp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: mode-line with Tramp
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 12:59:02 -0400

    This drew no response.  The patch assigned mouse-1 over the mode-line flag
for
    default-directory to "cd", i.e., to change default-directory.  Assuming it
was
    unfavourable because it mixed the mouse and keyboard, how about extending
    use-file-dialog, which applies to commands from menus and tool bar buttons,
    commands from the mode-line also?  That way default-directory could be
changed
    with the mouse alone.

I think it is not worth the trouble to implement it.  If we have some
specific reason to think this will help a lot of beginners, then let's
do it.  Otherwise, let's forget it.