Re: guided tour suggestions

From: Phil Sung
Subject: Re: guided tour suggestions
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 00:15:24 -0700

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>> When I get a chance, I will make some screenshots with the default
>> UI setup, and with more complex formatting/characters.
>
> Very much appreciated.  One of the problems with promoting Emacs
> nowadays are users who tried it 10 years ago and were not getting
> along with it.  Dispelling their (and their audience's) preconceptions
> is easier with more graphical material.

Sorry for the delay in replying.

<http://stuff.mit.edu/iap/emacs/emacs-guided-tour-1.html>
Changes:

* A couple of screenshots retaken under the default UI setup with GTK-- menu
  bar, toolbar, scroll bars.

* Added screenshot of Emacs displaying the splash screen (includes a picture in
  the buffer).

* More fonts of varying shapes, sizes, and colors (see the auctex and info
  examples).

* Removed shell screenshot from the first section. (M-x shell still gets
  mentioned later.)

--Phil