Re: [RfC] Saving narrowing information within window configuration

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [RfC] Saving narrowing information within window configuration
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 20:28:48 -0400

           ``A "window configuration" records the entire layout of one
frame--all
        windows, their sizes, which buffers they contain, _what part of each
        buffer is displayed_, and the values of point and the mark.  You can
        bring back an entire previous layout by restoring a window
        configuration previously saved.'' (emphasis mine)

    As far as I can see (Emacs v22.0.91.1), narrowed regions are not
    restored by saved window configurations. I propose to change that.

I think you've misunderstood that text in the manual.
That's partly the fault of the text.
I will make it clearer.