Re: address@hidden: emacs CVS build failed]

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: address@hidden: emacs CVS build failed]
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 09:18:05 +0200

Am Sonntag, 19. August 2007 02:29 schrieb Glenn Morris:
> Andreas Röhler wrote:
> > `make bootstrap' only after deleting of
> >
> >  ;; Local Variables:
> >  ;; coding: tis-620
> >
> > at the bottom of thai-word.el finished without error.
>
> I really think your problem was what I said to you when (for some
> reason...) you mailed me off-list. Namely, that you had a thai-word.el
> in /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp that was shadowing the one in the
> emacs source tree. I believe the changes I have made to
> lisp/Makefile.in will prevent this kind of thing being an issue in
> future.

A single empty thai-word.el shown
September 2005 sat there, very strange:

  -rw-r--r--  1 root  root      0 Sep 13  2005 thai-word.el

With this I even couldn't open `thai-word.el' from CVS
source - which surpasses my understanding....

M-x dired

~/emacs/20070819/emacs/lisp/language/

thai-word.el

RET

=>

byte-code: Required feature `thai-word' was not provided

This is gone after deleting the "null-byte"-thai-word.el.

Now it compiles without error.

Thanks

Andreas Roehler