QUERY: w32 sub process implementation

From: dhruva
Subject: QUERY: w32 sub process implementation
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:15:40 +0530

Hi,
 In the win32 specific implementation, Emacs creates processes in a
thread. Every sub process of has a corresponding thread in emacs. The
thread entry function is reader_thread which reads a char or accepts a
connection and waits till the char is read by the main emacs
thread/read-eval-print loop.
 Using ASYNC read and registering callbacks in wait, I feel we can
completely do away with threads for sub procs. I would like to have
your views before I start making large changes (in my local copy). If
this is not an area of concern, I could concentrate on other portions.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!