Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 18:30:58 -0400

    I agree with this. The image is nice and all but it kinda draws away
    the focus from the useful information, and it consumes much screen
    space. I like the way GNUS does it, displaying the image while it
    loads.

I don't think that will actually help much.

On a graphical terminal, the limit on the text is not the screen size.
The limit is the amount that a user can really absorb, which is less
than a screen full of text.  Against this limit, the image counts as
less than a line of text.

The text in the current fancy startup screen has to be reduced.