Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: regression in C-x v = in latest versions
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 10:37:02 +1200

 > I put bugs in FOR-RELEASE after a couple of reminders.  But I continue
 > the reminders as well, because people people are not paying enough
 > attention to these bugs.

Generally, given that emacs-devel is an anarchy, I'm amazed how well things do
get fixed.  I think sometimes we need to find new developers to fix bugs rather
than harrass existing ones.  Perhaps it is worth adding a note in CONTRIBUTE
about FOR-RELEASE.

 > What do I need to do -- turn off installation in the trunk until
 > these bugs are fixed in Emacs 22?

I can't speak for others but this appproach won't encourage me to fix more
bugs.

*** CONTRIBUTE  27 Jul 2007 09:22:04 +1200      1.10
--- CONTRIBUTE  26 Aug 2007 10:36:10 +1200
*************** After you have downloaded the CVS source
  INSTALL.CVS for build instructions (they differ to some extent from a
  normal build).

+ The file FOR-RELEASE in the admin directory lists bugs that must be
+ fixed before the next release.
+
  Ref: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/emacs