Re: SVG image type fixes

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: SVG image type fixes
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 01:47:48 +0300

>> Is it OK to change image-mode.el to display text-based image files
>> as an image initially instead as text?
>
> Sounds good to me, as long as we make it trivially easy/obvious to switch
> back from the image to the text (and vice-versa, I guess).

Switching to image mode and back to text mode is easy using C-c C-c,
but this is very inconvenient while browsing a list of image files.
I use the following setting in .emacs:

(add-hook 'image-minor-mode-hook 'image-toggle-display-text)

But this is not easy to customize.  I think we should add a new user
option which defines how to visit an image file initially.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/