Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:41:50 -0700

address@hidden (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:

  > Dan> Just deleting the (eval-when-compile (require 'url)) might work. You'd
  > Dan> get some byte compile warnings. Unfortunately I don't have access to a
  > Dan> mac, so I can't test this..
  >
  > Randal> That's presuming url.el doesn't define any macros then. :)
  >
  > Randal> Trying that now...
  >
  > Ok, *with that patch* it builds and installs.
  >
  > It works in terminal mode, but fails to launch in carbon mode. :(

It used to do at least that much when I did the mac multi-tty port
back in May. A lot of things seem to have changed in CVS for the mac
since then.
Unfortunately I don't have access to a mac, so I can't work on
this....

  > Here's the crash log from the carbon launch.  And I'm not a carbon
  > programmer, so someone else will have to pick up the ball from here.

Can you please run it from gdb and post the xbacktrace?
It might be something quite trivial to fix.