Re: merging etc

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: merging etc
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:56:20 -0400

> Is that sort of thing normaly documented in NEWS? I thought the
> purpose of NEWS was to be a somewhat terse overview?

It depends.  Usually, the NEWS entries are terse indeed, enough for the user
to have some idea of what's going on and where to find the rest of the info
if needed.

In a case such as the multi-tty patches, an important part is the *change*
more than the end result: the Emacs and Elisp manuals need to be updated to
reflect the resulting behavior, but the NEWS file might need to contain
non-trivial descriptions of how things changed.

        Stefan