Re: 23.0.50; delete vs deletechar

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; delete vs deletechar
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:30:24 -0400

raman <address@hidden>, "T. V. Raman" wrote:

> I suspect the multi-tty patch again, but [delete] has now changed
> to deletechar.

Not sure what you mean. In Emacs 22 I get:

C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command delete-char
  which is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
It is bound to C-d, <deletechar>.
(delete-char N &optional KILLFLAG)

In Emacs CVS before and after multi-tty merge, I get the same, except
that C-d, <deletechar> have changed order. Does this matter?

C-d (translated from <delete>) runs the command delete-char
  which is an interactive built-in function in `C source code'.
It is bound to <deletechar>, C-d.
(delete-char N &optional KILLFLAG)