Re: Split man directory

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Split man directory
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 12:45:15 -0400

    Indeed.  But instead of `man', why not use the GNU-standard `doc'?
    Thus, we will have

      doc/emacs
      doc/lispref
      doc/lispintro
      doc/contrib (for other manuals)

This is fine with me (I agree with the person who said `misc' is better
than `contrib').

I just wonder whether the added cleanness of creating a directory to
hold these four dirs outweights the disadvantage of moving them down
one level.  If there were many of them, such as 8, then it would be
clearly yes.  With just 4, it might be more annoyance than it is worth.