Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: CVS HEAD fails to build on OSX 10.4 (macterm.c broken?)
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:02:23 +0900

>     The Carbon+AppKit port is not strictly a new port, but can be seen as
>     a variant of the Carbon port.  That's one of the reasons I put such a
>     name.  The Carbon+AppKit port provides the same feature sets and
>     shares most of the code with the existing Carbon port.

> If we install this, would we do so by changing the existing Carbon
> port?

The changes to the existing Carbon port is basically reorganization.
Some functions/variables are moved to a new file mactoolbox.c.  Either
Carbon or Carbon+Appkit port can be built with the modified source.

> That might be something we could put into a 22.3 or 22.4 release if
> Emacs 23 is not going to be as soon as we hope.  It depends on how
> simple and safe the changes are.

>       Also, as I said, the Carbon+AppKit port is
>     primarily a variant of the Carbon port, and therefore I think it can
>     be included to the later versions of Emacs 22.

> I do not want to add such features to Emacs 22.
> Please aim at Emacs 23.

I'm confused by these contradicting reactions.  Anyway, I'm not in a
hurry at all as I said.  We can't get 64-bit UI support until the next
Mac OS X release planed in October.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden