Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 09:49:54 +0530

Hi,

On 9/9/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
>      The various changes getting into Emacs and number of things breaking
>     sporadically, IMO we need to have a regression suite. A collection
>     batch mode scripts and macros to test the GUI invocation.
>
> I don't see how that is possible, but if you know a way to do it,
> please do it.

I will start looking into the XEmacs testing framework. Once I have
something working on my local box, I will get back. Let us delay the
legalities till we get the technicalities sorted out.

I request Stephen to provide me some links that can help me understand
and get it up and running for Emacs. Hope it is hackable with average
Elisp knowledge.

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!