Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: New start up splash screen annoyance...
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 21:13:57 -0400

    > I changed this because I want beginners to see the splash screen,
    > and beginners often have the habit of passing a file name.

    In the past, that may have been true, but now I think beginners are more
    likely to start Emacs from a menu on their desktop.

The feature of showing the splash screen when you specify a file name
affects people who specify a file name.  Beginners coming from other
editors are the ones who tend to do that.  It is important for them
to see the splash screen.

If there are beginners that don't specify file name args, so what?
This question won't affect them anyway.  Why bring them up?x

This is just an explanation for a decision previously made.

'Nuff said.