Re: 23.0.50; interactive-form on advised commands returns compiled advic

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; interactive-form on advised commands returns compiled advice
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:27:23 -0400

> Here is a more accurate description of the problem.

> If you define an advice on a  command, and in that advice you
> provide an interactive form,
> then calling interactive-form later on that function ends up
> returning what was created through the advice, and that turns out
> to be a piece of code.

> I'm hitting this because of how I end up having to advice
> commands like copy-to-register --
> whose interactive forms wouldn't provide speech feedback
> otherwise.

Please give me more concrete data.  Here's what I tried:

   ELISP> (defadvice diff-refine-ignore-spaces-hunk (around sm-test activate)
            (interactive "")
            ad-do-it)
   diff-refine-ignore-spaces-hunk
   ELISP> (interactive-form 'diff-refine-ignore-spaces-hunk)
   (interactive "")

   ELISP>

looks correct so far.

        Stefan