Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 23:43:24 +0900

dhruva writes:

 > For the UI part, I do not have an answer and no experience in X. I was
 > wondering if we can have a start time flag which can map the keyboard
 > and mouse to a port instead of the real mouse and keyboard.

Not necessary.  See Mathias's post for an existing solution for X11,
and other posts mention that Java can do it for Windows.

FYI, the basic point for X11 is that even for a server on a local
console, the X protocol is used over a standard channel (usually a
network or Unix domain socket), and is basically public information to
any process with physical access to that channel.  (This is also why X
is insecure.)