Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Need for a Emacs regression test suite
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:44:19 +0900

Richard Stallman writes:

 >     These tests can easily be done in LISP, since there is an xlib package
 >     and an X window manager, both written entirely in LISP.
 >
 > To use them for this, maybe we would need to install them in Emacs.
 > The xlib package certainly sounds interesting to install.
 > Can you tell us where to find it, and the author's name and email?

Both the xlib package and the xwem (window manager) are by Zajcev
Evgeny <address@hidden>.  They are available from XEmacs CVS
(currently down due to problems at dotsrc.org, I'm afraid, but should
be ok soon) or by FTP from ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/pub/xemacs/packages/.

I'm sorry, but upstream is not obvious from the READMEs.  I suspect
it's a personal Arch repo and he checks into XEmacs CVS as the primary
distribution point, but you'll have to ask him.