Re: messages override minibuffer input

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: messages override minibuffer input
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

> Whoops, got it backwards.  The call to `message' happens only when the
> minibuffer is inactive.  But anyway, the second argument to `or' still
> seems
> useless to me, because `current-message' returns a new string object.

It is; I thought one could use eq here, but it seems equal is required.
Which is not as good: a stream of unimportant messages could then proceed
if the first of them happened to duplicate an important message.  I guess
we could stick an "unimportant" property on unimportant messages and then
compare them with `equal-including-properties'.

Davis

shipping.