Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:04:34 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
>> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:59:28 +0200
>>
>> I was talking about the case where the first thing you want to do when
>> starting Emacs is to edit a file.  All the "preposterously wrong
>> arguments" you try attributing to me are your own invention.
>>
>> Since there is not a lack of opportunity for disagreement on this
>> list, it might be more productive if you focused on those things that
>> have actually been written.

> If I misunderstood what you meant, perhaps you should write more
> clearly and shout on others less vociferously.

What about "first thing" did you not understand?  Isn't "first thing"
just a teensy weensy bit different from "only thing"?  And what you
wrote in reply was:

> But making that point doesn't mean we should use preposterously
> wrong arguments such as that Emacs can be restarted whenever we need
> to edit a file, or that when there's nothing to edit there's no need
> to have Emacs running.

Where did I write or even imply that Emacs should be restarted
whenever we need to edit a file?  Where did I imply that when there is
nothing to edit there is not need to have Emacs running?

And you complain about me "shouting vociferously" when you put such
nonsense into my mouth and chastize me vociferously as putting forward
"preposterously wrong arguments" you invented yourself and attributed
to me?

As I said: there is enough room for disagreement about the things
actually being written.  No need to invent any of your own for me.

--
David Kastrup