Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Folding emacsclient into emacs
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:39:27 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:04:34 +0200

> > If I misunderstood what you meant, perhaps you should write more
> > clearly and shout on others less vociferously.
>
> What about "first thing" did you not understand?

I didn't understand it as an important enough part of your message, it
seems.  It's ambiguous.

> > But making that point doesn't mean we should use preposterously
> > wrong arguments such as that Emacs can be restarted whenever we need
> > to edit a file, or that when there's nothing to edit there's no need
> > to have Emacs running.
>
> Where did I write or even imply that Emacs should be restarted
> whenever we need to edit a file?

You didn't, but others did.  You shouldn't take everything as aimed on
you; this is a discussion thread with many participants.

> And you complain about me "shouting vociferously" when you put such
> nonsense into my mouth

I didn't put it in your mouth.  And even if I did, being wrong does
not yet mean being rude.

> As I said: there is enough room for disagreement about the things
> actually being written.  No need to invent any of your own for me.

Likewise.