Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: font-backend mechanism on Windows and Mac?
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:41:48 +0100

Kenichi Handa wrote:
> I've just installed fixes for X Window.  Could you please
> fix w32term.c and w32font.c by the same way as done in
> xterm.c and xftfont.c (the diffs are attached)?

I've done that, now the only problems are the font problem you found,
and the performance seems much worse than the old code (redisplay after
moving a window over Emacs now takes around 2 seconds while in trunk it
is imperceptible), but that will only be fixed by getting more eyes
looking at the code.